* These pieces are great for jewelry making!
Tiger's Eye is a captivating and distinctive gemstone known for its chatoyant or "cat's-eye" effect, which resembles the way a cat's eye reflects light. It is a member of the quartz family and is characterized by its golden to brownish-yellow color with bands of silky luster that create the unique optical effect.
Here are some key aspects of Tiger's Eye:
1. Chatoyancy: The most prominent feature of Tiger's Eye is its chatoyancy, which appears as a moving band of light across the surface of the stone when it is cut and polished in a cabochon shape.
2. Colors: Tiger's Eye primarily comes in golden to brownish-yellow hues, although it can also be found in red, blue, and green varieties. The most common form is golden or brown Tiger's Eye.
3. Metaphysical Properties: Tiger's Eye is associated with qualities such as courage, strength, and protection. It is believed to promote confidence, clarity of thought, and the ability to make decisions with discernment. Many people use it as a talisman for personal power and success.
4. Chakra Alignment: Tiger's Eye is often linked to the solar plexus chakra, which is associated with personal power, self-esteem, and confidence.
5. Jewelry: Tiger's Eye is a popular choice for jewelry, including bracelets, pendants, and rings. Wearing Tiger's Eye jewelry is thought to help boost one's self-confidence and provide protection.
6. Zodiac Sign: Tiger's Eye is often associated with the zodiac sign Leo.
Tiger's Eye's striking appearance and metaphysical attributes make it a sought-after gemstone for both aesthetic and spiritual purposes. Its unique chatoyant effect is what truly sets it apart and gives it its distinctive name.
top of page
bottom of page